JOURNEY TO THE SEA OF CORTEZ & WHALE SHARKS
Oct. 19 – 23, 2017
Oct. 26 – 30, 2018
- 5 days/4 nights on board the MV Adventure
- combines whale shark research with our normal natural history expedition
- when not engaged in the research anticipate hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling
- an amazing opportunity to get out into the field and be a part of saving our oceans
- experience the world of the mysterious, gentle, giants of the sea; the whale shark!
This 4 night experience packed a lot in to the 3 full days and we wished it could have been longer! A visit from the orcas, performing for us at breakfast on the first morning set the standard and snorkeling with the whale sharks on the second day was amazing.
The 3rd day gave us another brilliant experience as we snorkeled with sea lions coming to look into our camera lens in crystal clear water….as well as swimming with more whalesharks, snorkeling over the undersea world spotting eels, puffer fish, starfish,rays and much more.We learnt a lot from Deni, the guest marine biologist and even got to name a new visiting whale shark.
The crew were superb,the chef amazing…even baked a cake on his BBQ…and Lela (the ‘boss’) was just inspirational in her enthusiasm, knowledge and welcome for us all. If we can return, we certainly will.
ChrisPTravels2015 – Visited October 2015