TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to expeditions purchased from Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society (Panterra Eco Expeditions), and govern the contractual relationship between you and Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society (hereinafter, “Panterra”) with respect to any such expedition (hereinafter, the “Expedition”). All expeditions are operated by Panterra, a Canadian non-profit organization incorporated in BC, Canada.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as by booking and travelling on a Panterra Expedition you acknowledge that you:
- I Have read and understand these Terms and Conditions
- I express acceptance of and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- If you have confirmed a booking on any Panterra Expedition, to include booking on behalf of one or more other person(s), you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all clients named in the booking (including minors and those under a disability).
- Travelling on or otherwise participating in any Expedition the Client(s), and by such travel or participation all passengers indicate their assent to these Terms.
- The client who confirmed the booking is deemed to be the designated contact person for all other clients named in such booking.
- All Clients are responsible for assessing their own suitability and capability to participate in the Panterra Expedition the Client has booked.
- All Clients should consult their physician regarding their fitness for travel, and adventure travel in particular. Panterra encourages all Clients to seek their physician’s advice regarding necessary or advisable vaccinations, medical precautions, or other medical concerns regarding the entirety of the Client’s travel with Panterra.
- Panterra does not provide medical advice. Certain Expeditions may not be suitable for all people due to restrictions posed by limitations in mobility, physical or cognitive disability, pregnancy or various other physical or mental conditions.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each Expedition in light of the Client’s limitations, physical and mental fitness and condition, and any medical requirements or issues of the Client.
- Adventure travel, as offered by Panterra, by its nature involves visiting remote or less developed regions, where medical facilities may not meet the standards of those found in a Client’s home country. The condition of medical facilities in Mexico in which Panterra operates varies and Panterra makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such facilities or medical treatment in those regions.
- Panterra will endeavor to accommodate the special requests of Clients, including (without limitation) dietary and accommodation requests, but such requests do not form part of these Terms or the contract between Client and Panterra and Panterra is not liable for any failure to accommodate or fulfill such requests.
- Client Age Requirements: Clients aged 18 at date of first travel are deemed to be adults.
- Minors: Clients aged 17 at date of first travel are deemed to be minors.
- All Minor Client bookings are subject to review and approval by Panterra. If the consent of a parent or any other person is required by applicable law, judgment, or decree for any Minor Client to travel, the accompanying adult Client is responsible for securing all such proper consent and ensuring that they and the Minor Client meet all legal requirements to travel on the applicable Expeditions and to enter into and depart from Mexico. Panterra will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure on the part of a Client to secure such necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
- On all Expeditions where minor clients are involved, an adult Client over the age of 25 must accompany no more than 2 minor Clients.
- Each Adult on a booking with any Minor Client is joint and severally responsible for the behavior and wellbeing of all Minor Client(s) on such booking, and expressly accepts these Terms on their behalf, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability contained herein. Each Adult on a booking with any Minor Client assumes all responsibility for supervising and monitoring such Minor Client(s). Panterra does not provide care services for Minor Client(s) and Panterra and its representatives expressly disclaim any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any Minor Client(s).
- CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CLIENTS TO OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM MEDICAL, EVACUATION, AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE covering all applicable dates of any travel with Panterra and this insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. Starting on at least the first day of the Expedition.
- It is strongly recommended and encouraged that Client’s also extend their coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client.
- The Client acknowledges that the cost of the tour does not include any insurance coverage for such Client, and that the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost to the Expedition price.
- When obtaining travel insurance the Client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken so that the insurer may properly cover travel on the applicable Expeditions.
Prices and Surcharges
- Where an increase in price, and beyond the control of Panterra is greater than 10% of the price of the applicable Expedition, upon receiving notification from Panterra the affected Client(s) may elect to either:
- (a) cancel the applicable Product booking without incurring any penalty; or
- (b) accept the change of price.
- The Client must notify Panterra of their election within 14 days of receipt of notice of the increase, or they shall have been deemed to have accepted the price change and have accepted liability for payment of the increase.
- From time-to-time Panterra may offer reduced pricing on selected Expeditions as last minute sell offs. The reduced pricing applies strictly to new bookings, and bookings that have already been confirmed (which for these purposes shall mean bookings in respect of which payment of at least a deposit has been received by Panterra) are not entitled to the reduced pricing.
- All dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and the price quoted at the time of Booking shall be the applicable price, subject to the surcharges that may be levied in accordance these Terms. Changes, revisions, or other amendments may be made to the particulars contained in any Panterra brochure, Expedition Information Booklet or on the Panterra website before a contract is concluded, and such changes, revisions or amendments shall be incorporated herein as of the date of such amendment.
- The Client acknowledges that due to the changing nature of travel, they are responsible for keeping up to date on the details of their travel on the Panterra website, including, but not limited to checking the website at least 72 hours prior to departure to ensure the Client has the most current Trip Details for the relevant Expedition as minor changes may have been made since the confirmation of booking.
- The Client is entirely responsible for securing and must be in possession at all times while on an Expedition a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel to Mexico. Client’s country of residence or departure (passport must be valid 6 months past the last date of travel with Panterra), as well as all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, required for entry into Mexico.
- The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Expedition, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation.
- Client agrees that they are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense suffered which are a direct result of the Client’s failure to secure proper travel documentation.
Flexibility and Unused Services
- The Client acknowledges by booking an Expedition with Panterra that the nature of adventure travel requires considerable flexibility and acknowledges that they will permit reasonable alterations to the Expedition by Panterra.
- The Client acknowledges their understanding that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, incidents in the location where the Expedition will be operated, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme weather and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Panterra and that Panterra is not liable to any Client for such changes or amendments.
- Panterra shall not be liable for or pay any discounts or refunds for missed or unused services which were missed or unused by the Client due to no fault of Panterra, its agents, or representatives, which shall include any termination of the Client’s participation in the Expedition due to the Client’s own fault, negligence or breach of these Terms.
- Changes made by Panterra: Reasonable changes in the itinerary of the Expedition may be made where deemed necessary or advisable for operational reasons by Panterra, in its’ sole discretion.
- Changes made by the Client: Client is responsible for ensuring that information provided to Panterra in making their booking is accurate, up-to-date, and correct. Bookings are not transferable to other Expeditions without written consent from Panterra.
- Optional Extras (which for the purposes of this section mean any activity, transportation, meal, or any service not expressly included in the Expedition description or itinerary, or in the price of the Expedition) do not form part of the Expedition.
- Client agrees that any assistance given by Panterra representatives in arranging, selecting, or booking, any Optional Extras is purely at the request of the Client, and Panterra makes no warranties regarding such information and expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever arising from any Optional Extras or participation thereon by any Client, or any information provided by any Panterra representative regarding any Optional Extras.
- Accordingly, the Client hereby releases Panterra from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to or arising from participation in or booking of Optional Extras.
- Any Client using such services or activities shall be deemed to agree and consent that any liability for any loss, damages, death, personal injury, illness, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury or loss of or damage to property shall be the sole responsibility of the provider of such service or activity.
- Panterra shall not be liable in any way to the Client for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for Panterra failure to commence, perform and/or complete any duty owed to the Client if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of Panterra; or an event which Panterra or the Third Party Supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, shall constitute “Force Majeure”.
- The Contract and these Terms are subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada and all Clients submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada for the resolution of any dispute under these Terms or concerning an Expedition.
Financial Security and Consumer Protection
- Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society is registered under Consumer Protection BC (Canada) registration #2568.
If you require further clarification or have any questions please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (250) 655-1915.
If you would like a unique vacation experience that is fun and rewarding, our all inclusive adventure travel expeditions are exactly what you are looking for.
Our Sea of Cortez expeditions leave from La Paz, Baja California Sur Mexico. La Paz is a few hours north of the famous Cabo San Lucas and south of scenic Loreto.