CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Journey of the Pacific Gray Whale 2021 – COVID19 Special Waiver
- Due to the COVID19 situation a deposit is due at time of booking with the balance due 30 days prior to departure.
- In the event of a government notification of any rising threats of COVID19 on any leg of the expedition, cancellation will occur with a full and immediate refund.
- The expedition is limited to 8 guests + 2 naturalists. The group will be split into 2 pangas during the whale watching sessions.
- Please contact our office if you require any further clarification.
Pre/Post COVID (Normal Terms and Conditions)
- For any Clients travelling on an Expedition a non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking. Confirmation is given once the non-refundable deposit has been received. If the booking is made 60 days or less prior to departure, full payment is due at the time of booking or at the sole discretion of Panterra.
- Product tour prices do not include domestic or international airfare or any other flights unless expressly mentioned in the inclusions. Where air is an inclusion Panterra acts only as a sales agent for the applicable airline and the terms and conditions of the air ticket apply to the purchase and use of such ticket. Please consult the air carrier’s applicable terms and conditions and/or conditions of carriage for important information regarding cancellation terms, limitations of liability, and other disclaimers. Panterra is not responsible for changes in air itineraries or flight times.
- Clients should refer to the confirmation invoice sent by confirmation email for details regarding final payment for any Expedition booked. Payment of the balance of the price for any Expedition is due 60 days prior to the departure date. If full payment is not received by such due date, Panterra may change the rate payable for the Expedition, or may treat the booking of such Expedition as cancelled and shall retain the deposit paid on booking as a cancellation fee, at Panterras’ sole discretion. If, for any Expedition, payment terms differ from those outlined in this section, the applicable terms will be communicated to the Client prior to booking and shall also be detailed on the applicable invoice.
- Panterra is not responsible for any charges levied or charged by third parties and/or financial institutions and payable by the Client as a result of credit card or other payment transactions in connection with the purchase of an Expedition and will not refund or return any fees charged by such third parties in connection with payments made by Clients to Panterra.
- A Client may cancel their booking by notifying Panterra by email or written notification or by their booking Agent, where applicable. The applicable cancellation fees shall be determined with reference to the date on which the request to cancel is received by Panterra.
- (a) Cancellation received 60 days or more prior to the departure date of the Expedition, the deposit is non-refundable. However, in the event a suitable replacement is found a refund of monies paid to date will be issued less a $150.00 USD cancellation fee.
- (b) Cancellation received 30 – 59 days prior to the departure date of the Expedition, the full amount is non-refundable. However, in the event a suitable replacement is found a refund of monies paid to date will be issued less a $250.00 USD cancellation fee.
- (c) Cancellation received 29 days or less, all monies paid are non-refundable. No replacement will be accepted.
CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CLIENTS TO OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM MEDICAL, EVACUATION, AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE.
Further,it is highly recommended that participants purchase an All Inclusive Travel Cancellation insurance to cover their vacation investment.
Terms and Conditions:
These Terms and Conditions apply to expeditions purchased from Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society (Panterra Eco Expeditions), and govern the contractual relationship between you and Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society (hereinafter, “Panterra”) with respect to any such expedition (hereinafter, the “Expedition”). All expeditions are operated by Panterra, a Canadian non-profit organization incorporated in BC, Canada.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as by booking and travelling on a Panterra Expedition you acknowledge that you:
Have read and understand these Terms and Conditions
Express acceptance of and agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you have confirmed a booking on any Panterra Expedition, to include booking on behalf of one or more other person(s), you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions on behalf of all clients named in the booking (including minors and those under a disability).
Travelling on or otherwise participating in any Expedition the Client(s), and by such travel or participation all passengers indicate their assent to these Terms.
The client who confirmed the booking is deemed to be the designated contact person for all other clients named in such booking.
All Clients are responsible for assessing their own suitability and capability to participate in the Panterra Expedition the Client has booked.
All Clients should consult their physician regarding their fitness for travel, and adventure travel in particular. Panterra encourages all Clients to seek their physician’s advice regarding necessary or advisable vaccinations, medical precautions, or other medical concerns regarding the entirety of the Client’s travel with Panterra.
Panterra does not provide medical advice. Certain Expeditions may not be suitable for all people due to restrictions posed by limitations in mobility, physical or cognitive disability, pregnancy or various other physical or mental conditions.
It is the Client’s responsibility to assess the risks and requirements of each Expedition in light of the Client’s limitations, physical and mental fitness and condition, and any medical requirements or issues of the Client.
Adventure travel, as offered by Panterra, by its nature involves visiting remote or less developed regions, where medical facilities may not meet the standards of those found in a Client’s home country. The condition of medical facilities in Mexico in which Panterra operates varies and Panterra makes no representations and gives no warranties in relation to the standard of such facilities or medical treatment in those regions.
Panterra will endeavor to accommodate the special requests of Clients, including (without limitation) dietary and accommodation requests, but such requests do not form part of these Terms or the contract between Client and Panterra and Panterra is not liable for any failure to accommodate or fulfill such requests.
Client Age Requirements: Clients aged 18 at date of first travel are deemed to be adults.
Minors: Clients aged 17 at date of first travel are deemed to be minors.
All Minor Client bookings are subject to review and approval by Panterra. If the consent of a parent or any other person is required by applicable law, judgment, or decree for any Minor Client to travel, the accompanying adult Client is responsible for securing all such proper consent and ensuring that they and the Minor Client meet all legal requirements to travel on the applicable Expeditions and to enter into and depart from Mexico. Panterra will not be responsible for any fees, damages, or losses incurred as a result of any failure on the part of a Client to secure such necessary consents, permits, and approvals.
On all Expeditions where minor clients are involved, an adult Client over the age of 25 must accompany no more than 2 minor Clients.
Each Adult on a booking with any Minor Client is joint and severally responsible for the behavior and wellbeing of all Minor Client(s) on such booking, and expressly accepts these Terms on their behalf, including all assumptions of risk and limitations of liability contained herein. Each Adult on a booking with any Minor Client assumes all responsibility for supervising and monitoring such Minor Client(s). Panterra does not provide care services for Minor Client(s) and Panterra and its representatives expressly disclaim any responsibility for chaperoning or controlling any Minor Client(s).
CLIENT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CLIENTS TO OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH A MINIMUM MEDICAL, EVACUATION, AND REPATRIATION COVERAGE covering all applicable dates of any travel with Panterra and this insurance must cover personal injury and emergency medical expenses. Starting on at least the first day of the Expedition.
It is strongly recommended and encouraged that Client’s also extend their coverage to include cancellation, curtailment, and all other expenses that might arise as a result of loss, damage, injury, delay or inconvenience occurring to the Client.
The Client acknowledges that the cost of the tour does not include any insurance coverage for such Client, and that the Client is required to obtain separate coverage at an additional cost to the Expedition price.
When obtaining travel insurance the Client must ensure the insurer is aware of the type of travel to be undertaken so that the insurer may properly cover travel on the applicable Expeditions.
Prices and Surcharges
Where an increase in price, and beyond the control of Panterra is greater than 10% of the price of the applicable Expedition, upon receiving notification from Panterra the affected Client(s) may elect to either:
(a) cancel the applicable Product booking without incurring any penalty; or
(b) accept the change of price.
The Client must notify Panterra of their election within 14 days of receipt of notice of the increase, or they shall have been deemed to have accepted the price change and have accepted liability for payment of the increase.
From time-to-time Panterra may offer reduced pricing on selected Expeditions as last minute sell offs. The reduced pricing applies strictly to new bookings, and bookings that have already been confirmed (which for these purposes shall mean bookings in respect of which payment of at least a deposit has been received by Panterra) are not entitled to the reduced pricing.
All dates, itineraries and prices are indicative only and the price quoted at the time of Booking shall be the applicable price, subject to the surcharges that may be levied in accordance these Terms. Changes, revisions, or other amendments may be made to the particulars contained in any Panterra brochure, Expedition Information Booklet or on the Panterra website before a contract is concluded, and such changes, revisions or amendments shall be incorporated herein as of the date of such amendment.
The Client acknowledges that due to the changing nature of travel, they are responsible for keeping up to date on the details of their travel on the Panterra website, including, but not limited to checking the website at least 72 hours prior to departure to ensure the Client has the most current Trip Details for the relevant Expedition as minor changes may have been made since the confirmation of booking.
The Client is entirely responsible for securing and must be in possession at all times while on an Expedition a valid passport required for entry, departure and travel to Mexico. Client’s country of residence or departure (passport must be valid 6 months past the last date of travel with Panterra), as well as all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates, insurance policies, required for entry into Mexico.
The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents, visas and permits prior to the start of the Expedition, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation.
Client agrees that they are responsible for the full amount of any loss or expense suffered which are a direct result of the Client’s failure to secure proper travel documentation.
Flexibility and Unused Services
The Client acknowledges by booking an Expedition with Panterra that the nature of adventure travel requires considerable flexibility and acknowledges that they will permit reasonable alterations to the Expedition by Panterra.
The Client acknowledges their understanding that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to change without prior notice due to circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, incidents in the location where the Expedition will be operated, flight cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, extreme weather and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances which are beyond the reasonable control of Panterra and that Panterra is not liable to any Client for such changes or amendments.
Panterra shall not be liable for or pay any discounts or refunds for missed or unused services which were missed or unused by the Client due to no fault of Panterra, its agents, or representatives, which shall include any termination of the Client’s participation in the Expedition due to the Client’s own fault, negligence or breach of these Terms.
Changes made by Panterra: Reasonable changes in the itinerary of the Expedition may be made where deemed necessary or advisable for operational reasons by Panterra, in its’ sole discretion.
Changes made by the Client: Client is responsible for ensuring that information provided to Panterra in making their booking is accurate, up-to-date, and correct. Bookings are not transferable to other Expeditions without written consent from Panterra.
Optional Extras (which for the purposes of this section mean any activity, transportation, meal, or any service not expressly included in the Expedition description or itinerary, or in the price of the Expedition) do not form part of the Expedition.
Client agrees that any assistance given by Panterra representatives in arranging, selecting, or booking, any Optional Extras is purely at the request of the Client, and Panterra makes no warranties regarding such information and expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever arising from any Optional Extras or participation thereon by any Client, or any information provided by any Panterra representative regarding any Optional Extras.
Accordingly, the Client hereby releases Panterra from all claims and causes of action arising from any damages, loss of enjoyment, inconvenience, or injuries related to or arising from participation in or booking of Optional Extras.
Any Client using such services or activities shall be deemed to agree and consent that any liability for any loss, damages, death, personal injury, illness, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury or loss of or damage to property shall be the sole responsibility of the provider of such service or activity.
Panterra shall not be liable in any way to the Client for death, bodily injury, illness, damage, delay or other loss or detriment to person or property, or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred, or for Panterra failure to commence, perform and/or complete any duty owed to the Client if such death, delay, bodily injury (including emotional distress or injury), illness, damage or other loss or detriment to person or property is caused by Act of God, war or war like operations, mechanical breakdowns, terrorist activities or threat thereof, civil commotions, labor difficulties, interference by authorities, political disturbance, howsoever and where so ever any of the same may arise or be caused, riot, insurrection and government restraint, fire, extreme weather or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of Panterra; or an event which Panterra or the Third Party Supplier of services, even with all due care, could not foresee any and all of which, individually and collectively, shall constitute “Force Majeure”.
The Contract and these Terms are subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada and all Clients submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada for the resolution of any dispute under these Terms.
If you require further clarification or have any questions please contact our office at email@example.com or phone (250) 656-0633.