JOURNEY OF GIVING MEDICAL / DENTAL EXPEDITION
Air and Travel Insurance NOT included
We highly recommend guests purchase travel
insurance to protect their vacation investment.
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than
the grandest intention.” Oscar Wilde
Thank you for your kind donation!
April 6 – 13, 2022
8 day expedition – liveaboard cruising and hotel accom.
- 2 nights accommodations at the Hotel Catedral in La Paz (first and last)
- 6 days / 5 nights onboard our ship the “MV Adventure”
- administering medical / dental health care to remote communities whom otherwise would not have access to medical help
- 6 communities will be the recipients of the medical and non-medical services
- Anticipate 4 – 6 hours spent in each community
- When we are not administering the healthcare guests will have the opportunity for hiking, snorkeling, kayaking and wild life encounters.
- Half day snorkel with whales sharks – peak season for juvenile whale sharks feeding in the area.
- All members of the expedition will be required to have proof of a COVID19 vaccination and current seasonal flu shots.
- Group size – 11 guest participants plus 5 medical personnel and 3 support staff from La Paz. Total number of team members – 19.
- The expedition is open to medical/dental professionals and guests interested in volunteering on the non-medical projects.
- Guests are welcomed to raise up to the full amount in the form of a donation(s) which would be applied to their expedition cost. Panterra is a non-profit organization and receipts for donations will be issued. We are NOT a charitable foundation.
Panterra Facebook Photo Album:
The chance to be part of this years “Journey of Giving” has been an amazing experience. We always find such gratification in giving to communities in little ways – but, to be part of a team that was bringing health and well-being in a bigger way is awe inspiring. We really weren’t sure what our part would be in the project, as we are not medical or dental professionals.
We did want to contribute in whatever way we could though. This is our 5th trip to the Baja with Panterra, and with each visit we experience just how beautiful the people here are, both inside and out. Each day was a different project – palapas, double roofed palapas, walls, benches, gifts, sharing with the people. After each day, it was like wow, that was a great day, and we felt like we had given something to these amazing people. Even if it was a bench that was too big, not square, uneven. The community thought it was perfect. The highlight for us was our last day with the children.
When children are part of the mix, you feel that there is life everywhere. We had young and old, and that is exactly what life is about – families, working and sharing together in good times and bad. We felt like we were in a movie or television show, these just weren’t things that we see on a day to day basis, or ever for that matter.
We have been blessed to have met Lela and to have become part of the Panterra family. Each of our children have come away from a trip to the Baja with life changing experiences that will stay with them as they journey through their own lives. I know that giving back will always be a part of who we are. We hope that someday when our loved ones are no longer with us that Heaven can be a little bit like the amazing beauty and peacefulness that we have experienced on this trip to the Sea of Cortez.
Bob, Liz and Liam Tinworth