Please see Expeditions page for COVID19 update – Feb. 2021
Panterra Eco Expeditions
Baja Unplugged – Journey to the Sea of Cortez and Baja Peninsula Expeditions
Panterra Educational and Cultural Training Society
Sidney, BC, Canada
Small ship cruising on the Sea of Cortez
Exploring the gray whale lagoons of Magdalena Bay
Discover the World of PANTERRA with our ALL-INCLUSIVE expeditions to the Sea of Cortez and the Baja Peninsula. Experience some of the most beautiful marine life on earth!
On the expeditions you can anticipate many of the following experiences:
- close encounters with several species of whales and dolphins
- snorkeling with sea lions, whale sharks, manta rays (mobula rays) and array of undersea life
- hiking through cactus forests exploring and discovering the flora, fauna and geology of the volcanic desert islands
- kayaking along picturesque coastlines
- explore miles of white sandy beaches
- birdwatching offers a glimpse into the world of resident seabirds and migratory birds
- visiting remote communities of fishermen and goat herders
- participation in one or more of our Wildlife Conservation programs; whale shark research, sea turtle conservation and se turtle hatchling release!
On July 15, 2005 the islands in the Sea of Cortez were declared a World heritage Site by UNESCO. Rich in natural history, unspoiled in beauty, unrivalled in marine life, the Sea of Cortez is a world of a different time, place and rhythm.
We invite you to take a moment and browse through our upcoming expeditions or contact us to create the right program for your family, professional group, or school.
We look forward to having you onboard!
Where the impossible adventure is possible!
For over 30 years Panterra has specialized in eco-expeditions introducing participants to the natural environment of the Sea of Cortez and the Baja Peninsula.
Our goals are to impart a knowledge and awareness of the earth’s natural history, demonstrate environmental and wildlife conservation and enrich the lives of our participants through educational and cultural interactions.
Our 30+ years of expertise in this industry allows us to provide unique and rewarding programs. Our expeditions offer the warmth and kindness that reflects the beauty and hospitality of the people of Baja Mexico and leave our guests with experiences and memories of a lifetime.
Join us for an all-inclusive vacation experience unlike any other. We look forward to seeing you on one of our many exciting expeditions!